53 Broadway Avenue, Palmerston North
When the Regent Theatre opened on 4 July 1930 it was described as The Theatre Beautiful, and that it was creating an entirely new standard of entertainment.
With the re-opening as the Regent on Broadway on 1 May 1998 that description could still stand.
The 1600 seat theatre was hailed as one of the countries top six movie theaters in the early 1960. It was one of the largest built in New Zealand and became a landmark in the city as well as attracting national attention.
Today as a 1393 seat venue, the Regent on Broadway can still claim to be one of New Zealand's finest performing arts facilities indeed one of the top four in the country.